Tax Document Checklist
Are you unsure of what to bring before visiting our offices? Below is a check-list of documents to help you save time and help us accurately complete your tax return. Before you visit one of our offices, review the check list. Help us maximize your check!!
PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Card /ITIN/ATIN
- Last Year’s Tax Return
- Valid Photo Identification
INCOME AND TAX INFORMATION:
- Interest (1099-INT)
- Dividend Slips (1099-DIV)
- Stock Sales (1099-B or Broker Statement)
- Self-Employment Income and Expenses
- Sale of a Personal Residence
- Rental Income and Expenses
- Sale of any Business Assets
- Gambling or Lottery Winnings
- State Income Tax Refund
- Pension Income (1099-R)
- Estimated Taxes Paid
- Social Security or Railroad Retirement
- IRA or 401(k) Distribution
- Unemployment Compensation
- Miscellaneous Income (1099-MISC)
- Cancellation of Debt (1099-C)
- Medical Expenses
- Real Estate or Personal Property Taxes
- Mortgage Interest (Form 1098)
- Charitable Contributions
- Employee Business Expenses
- Gambling Losses
- Moving Expenses
- Traditional IRA Contributions
- Higher Education Expenses
- Educator Expenses
- Student Loan Interest
- Child Care Provider/Address and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- Adoption Expenses
- Retirement Savings Contributions
Are you still waiting for your employer to mail or hand-deliver your W-2? If your employer uses W-2 Express or ADP as its payroll data provider, you may able to download your W-2 using one of the links below.
W-2 Express (PIN # provided by your employer)
Financial Management Service (FMS) DEBTS
Have your taxes been offset? Or unsure they will be? If there is a delinquent non-tax debt, the Treasury Department can offset individual’s federal payment for partial or total amount due. Student Loans, Department Of Public Welfare, Financial Institutions, Etc. are examples of those federal agencies. You will be notified in advance of any offset action to be taken.
If you believe your return was offset by any of the above agencies, you may have had a FMS Debt.
PA DEPT OF UNEMPLOYMENT
If you received Unemployment Compensation and still have not received a copy of your statement, use the link below to print a copy now.
Copy of Unemployment Compensation Statement – UC-1099G
PA REFUND STATUS
Click here for refund status. You must have your correct refund amount and social security number.